30 – 31 January 2013
Venue: National Public Health Laboratory, Moh, Sg.Buloh
MBBA organized the Workshop “Biorisk management in TB Laboratory” from 30-31 January 2013 at the National Public Health Laboratory, Sg Buloh, Selangor.
The workshop was officiated by the Director of NPHL, Dr. Abdul Rasid bin Kasri. This event was a joint collaboration with support from the American Society for Microbiology. The objectives of the workshop were:
- Provide participants with updated information on TB laboratory diagnosis
- Provide important information on Global and National TB Epidemiology
- Provide information on occupational health risks
- Capacity building of laboratory staff involved in TB diagnosis in biorisk management
- Sharing experiences on best practices, biocontainment levels and laboratory biosafety
- Provide updated information on WHO Guidelines for TB diagnosis and National Guidelines for prevention & management of Tuberculosis for Health care workers in Ministry of Health.
60 participants from TB hospital pathology , Public health and research laboratories in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak attended and benefited from this workshop. The main trainer and ASM Consultant was Dr Paul Huntly, Director, DNV Healthcare and Biorisk, Det Norske Veritas PTE Ltd.
The other distinguished speakers were Dr Tauhidul Islam, WHO consultant from Western Pacific Regional Office, World Health Organization, Dr Jiloris F Dony, Head of TB/ Leprosy, Disease Control Division, MOH Malaysia, Dr Sirajuddin, Principal Asst Director, Occupational Health Unit, MOH Malaysia, Dr Rahizan Issa from the Institute for Medical Research, Kuala Lumpur, Dr Satheesh Thangaraj , Senior Application Specialist from BioMerieux France, c/o Medigene Sdn Bhd and Ms Andrea Ho from Gaia Science Malaysia
Mr Amrish Shah bin Osman,
Ms. Jessica McClean
Dr. Anita Anthonysamy
Fadhilah Binti Ishak
Rozlin Binti Ab. Rahim
Kamarull Ariffin Bin Mohd Ghaztar
BIZ CAFÉ AND CATERING
Special thanks to Gaia Science Sdn Bhd AND Medigene Sdn Bhd for sponsorship of Catering)