Announcement of New Exco for 2018
Click here for more info.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2018
The Malaysian Biosafety and Biosecurity Association invites its members to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of 2018 that will take place as follows:
Date: 11 January 2018 (Thursday)
Venue: Intercontinental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Time: 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Related documents for download
1) Updated Agenda
2) Voting Form
3) Candidates Profile
4) Membership Number
Annual Report 2017 (Appendix 1, Financial Report and Auditor's Report will be included upon completion of the audits, which is currently ongoing).
6) Minutes of the AGM 2018
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MBBA MEMBERS ABOUT THE AGM:
- Any costs incurred for attendance of this AGM (eg. travel, accommodation etc.) is to be bebourne by the MBBA members themselves.
- Invitation for proposals of any additional item for discussion in the AGM is now closed. Please refer to the finalized agenda of the AGM.
- Call for nominations of any new candidates for the Executive Council is now closed. Nominations for the position of Treasurer will be done during the AGM on the 11 January 2018.
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS (VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- Candidates have been contacted and the final list and profile of candidates for the elections is found here.
- Electronic voting for the benefit of members who are unable to attend the AGM has started on the 3 January 2018 and will end on 9 January 2018 (11:59 pm). Please use the Voting form. Email the forms to these TWO email addresses: email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your membership number is very important and should be filled in the Voting form. Any voting form without the membership number will not be accepted.
- Voting received via email will be consolidated with the physical voting ballots that will be done on 11 January 2018.
- Those who submit their Voting form via email will not be allowed to vote again during AGM. All members are eligible to submit only ONE voting form.
- For the position of Treasurer, as all the nominated candidates have declined, nominations and voting will be done during the AGM on the 11 January 2018.
- Kindly check with the person on the willingness to be nominated for the position of Treasurer before making the suggestion so that any names of candidates proposed during the AGM will be considered confirmed to accept the position.
- If you have any queries with regards to the AGM, kindly contact the Ad Hoc Working Group of MBBA AGM 2018 at email@example.com
MALAYSIAN BIOSAFETY AND BIOSECURITY CONFERENCE 2017
GLI Practical Guide to TB Strengthening
The Malaysian Biosafety and Biosecurity Association (MBBA)
The Malaysian Biosafety and Biosecurity Association (MBBA) is a registered non-profit organization based in Malaysia. MBBA was established in June 2011 and was officially launched during the BioSafety, BioSecurity and BioDefence International Congress 2011 (BioSSD) on the 20 July 2011.
The Society (MBBA) is a non-profit organisation, with the following objectives:
- Biorisk management is implemented in Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2) laboratories in
- Sustainable and efficient in implementing biorisk management in Malaysia
- Establish linkages with other biosafety and biorisk association internationally
Promote Biosafety and Biosecurity practices in organizations handling biological agents and toxins
Provide a platform for training on biosafety and biosecurity
Networking with other regional and International Biosafety / Biorisk associations
MBBA is affiliated with the International Federation of Biosafety Associations.